Important information for UNISON members who are registered professional members of any of the health and social care professional regulatory bodies listed below.
IF YOUR PROFESSIONAL REGULATORY BODY INFORMS YOU OF A COMPLAINT OR ALLEGATION THAT YOUR FITNESS TO PRACTISE IS IMPAIRED PLEASE READ THE LINK BELOW AND…
1. DO NOT DELAY! INFORM YOUR UNISON BRANCH RIGHT AWAY!
2. GIVE YOUR LOCAL UNISON REPRESENTATIVE COPIES OF :
• All the correspondence and documents you receive from your professional regulatory body about the allegation against you.
• all records or notes of your employer’s disciplinary meetings/hearings about the allegation against you
REMEMBER Anyone can make an allegation that your fitness to practise is impaired and refer the allegation to your professional regulatory body at any time. Do not delay! Inform your UNISON branch right away!
Health and Social Care Professional Regulatory Bodies in the UK
• Scottish Social Services Council (SSSC)
• Nursing and Midwifery Council (NMC)
• Health and Care Professions Council (HCPC)
• General Pharmaceutical Council (GPC)
• General Osteopathic Council (GOsC)
• General Optical Council (GOC)
• General Medical Council (GMC)
• General Dental Council (GDC)
• General Chiropractic Council (GCC)
• Northern Ireland Social Care Council (NISCC)
• Pharmaceutical Society of Northern Ireland (PSNI)
• Care Council for Wales (CCW)