UNISON Inverclyde Branch have submitted a pay claim on behalf of members to Quarriers senior management team. Pay discussions are scheduled for later this month and members will be kept up to date regarding the progress of the pay claim through the Branch website.
Unison is seeking:
• All frontline care workers to be paid minimum £12.00 per hour from 1st April 2020.
• An increase for staff at the bottom of the pay scale to bring their pay up to the level of the Scottish Living Wage currently £9.30 from 1st April 2020.
• An increase of salary to £30,000 per annum for Team Leaders.
• Minimum £900 flat rate or 4% whichever is the greater increase for all other workers from 1st April 2020.
• An increase on sleepover allowances to SLW rate (9.30) per hour from 1st April 2020.
• A full review of the pay system including a commitment to job evaluation to ensure equal pay for work of equal value.
• All (full) annual leave to be covered by holiday pay.
• To continue as a SLW accredited employer.
• Staff to be paid normal pay (including sleepovers and regular overtime) when off sick.